gcc - Distutils can't find Python.h -


i have distutils setup script extension section, looks this:

from distutils.core import setup, extension  my_module = extension('my_module',                 sources = ['my_file.c', 'my_other_file.c'])  setup (name = 'my_module',        version = '1.0',        description = 'my module',        ext_modules = [my_module]) 

running setup.py build works fine on mac. when move debian machine, fails:

error: python/python.h: no such file or directory 

i have python2.6 , python2.6-dev installed, , file present @ /usr/include/python2.6.

the command executes problem file:

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -dndebug -g -fwrapv -o2 -wall -wstrict-prototypes -fpic -i/usr/include/python2.6 -c my_module.c -o -build/xyz/my_module.o

so passing in location of header file.

the obvious difference between mac vs linux environment gcc-4.2 vs gcc-4.4 , python 2.7 vs python 2.6

ideas?

edit:

in c file in question:

#include <python/python.h> #include <python/structmember.h> 

may in module, need include "python.h" instead of "python/python.h"?

or may try exporting include path, , try compiling again gcc or g++?

export c_include_path=/usr/include/python2.6:$c_include_path export cplus_include_path=/usr/include/python2.6:$cplus_include_path 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

linux - Mailx and Gmail nss config dir -

c# - Is it possible to remove an existing registration from Autofac container builder? -

php - Mysql PK and FK char(36) vs int(10) -